NAPA develops solutions that are especially useful for naval ship design and operation.
Naval vessel design has many unique characteristics compared to the commercial vessel design. However, concepts and calculations are based on the same principles. Here is a list of naval vessel specific functions supported by NAPA system:
- Workflow-based application for the calculation of V-lines according to US NAVY SSD 079-1 rules.
- Transverse sections of NAPA structural model can be exported to Lloyd's Register Naval Ship Classification software (NSR v2010).
- Studies for progressive flooding can be carried out with NAPA Flooding Simulation. The result of the flooding simulation has been validated in a full scale test (see the video below).
In addition to design tools, NAPA provides naval specific tools for navy vessels in operation.Survivability assessment and signature analysis play a central role in the naval ship design process. NAPA product model can be utilized in these fields as well.
- SURMA Combat survivability assessment is based on NAPA model (read more http://www.survivability.fi).
- NAPA product model can be exported to software for electromagnetic design such as Ship EDF (read more http://www.idscompany.it).
Export to Lloyd's NSR v2010
SURMA Combat survivability assessment
Let's sink the ship video
Structural design throughput time for whole vessel models reduced by up to four weeks with NAPA D... Read more »
NAPA’s customer base has grown steadily for NAPA Steel. We are honoured to announce the newest NA... Read more »
NAPA analysis verifies that twice the rotor sails delivers double fuel savings; 6.1% reduction in... Read more »
ClassNK-NAPA GREEN offers ship owners and operators a comprehensive solution to reduce fuel costs... Read more »
Bore - NAPA collaboration demonstrates environmental and financial value of operational efficiency software
1,000 tonnes of CO2 saved plus 5.8% reduction in fuel consumption, equivalent to $210,000 Read more »