SAFETY4SEA London Conference
Welcome to SAFETY4SEA London Conference to listen to a presentation “Methods for improving operational efficiency” by NAPA’s Teemu Manderbacka, Senior R&D Engineer, D.Sc. Naval Architecture and the following panel discussion.
Panel #1 – Smart Shipping [09:10 – 10:20]
• Dana Jongens, Safety Services Manager, Inmarsat Maritime
• Leif Pentti Halvorsen, VP Product, Kongsberg Digital – New Safety Training Possibilities
• Teemu Manderbacka, Senior R&D Engineer, NAPA – Methods for improving operational efficiency
• Gurpreet Singhota – Senior Adviser, SMA for the STM Validation Project – Smarter Shipping via Sea Traffic Management
25 min Panel Discussion & Questions Open to the floor
In his presentation “Methods for improving operational efficiency” by Teemu Manderbacka he will be discussing the following:
- NAPA Fleet Intelligence method is developed to combine publicly available information including, AIS messages, global sea weather, port and terminal locations, and ship database is enhanced with ship hydrodynamics models and experience in ship design to estimate consumption of any ship on the global fleet.
- The ship operation Big Data is strengthened with onboard observations, such as noon-reports, and signals recorded from sensors connecting to ship automation system.
- The state-of-the-art data analytics methods are applied to create a Digital Twin of the ship to provide up to date information on the technical performance.
- The up-to-date technical performance is applied in NAPA Voyage Optimization to plan voyages with improved accuracy.