Are you a creative, hands-on graphic designer who can make sh*p happen?
We are looking for a dynamic graphic designer for our Helsinki office (Finland) to help improve NAPA’s visual brand and communications globally. In this role, you’ll be using your skills and expertise to help change the maritime industry for the better and to promote software solutions that make it safer, more efficient, and environmentally friendly. We need a visual identity that reflects our role in this global industry.
As a Graphic Designer, you will work on NAPA’s visual communications, producing stunning visuals that engage and inform. This work will involve creating and producing content and materials that promote the NAPA brand. Your expertise is needed and will be very much appreciated by your colleagues working on marketing, lead generation, sales, growth hacking, and NAPA’s employer image.
You will create visual content for traditional and, more critically, digital channels. The work will include:
- Delivering striking visuals and designs for presentations, newsletters, brochures, various printed and digital marketing materials, and events
- Contributing to landing pages and webpages that drive customer engagement
- Delivering creative visuals for digital ads, banners, and social media
- Producing videos and motion graphics
- Compiling visual collections and brand image sets
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The attribute we value most is your attitude. Not so much your education, awards, or seniority. We are looking for an enthusiastic person with a friendly, can-do attitude. Someone who not only enjoys thinking strategically and creating grand visions but also thrives producing engaging content that convinces our audiences each and every day.
You are a person with excellent collaboration skills, who wants to take the initiative, inspire others, and take responsibility for your work.
At NAPA, our working language is English, so you need to have fluent written and oral English skills. We also expect you to have a valid work permit for Finland.
Ideal skills and qualities to succeed in this role:
- A background in graphics or visuals (ideally educated to degree-level)
- Understanding of branding, and the elements of brand visual identity
- Proficiency in digital design software (E.g., Adobe Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Videography and motion graphics skills
- Photography skills
- Ability to creatively communicate ideas through image and text
- Ability to not only make content attractive and engaging but also understand how design elements work most effectively for NAPA’s purposes and targets
- Strong levels of attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Basic understanding of UX design is an advantage
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Our management model is self-organizing thus you will have great flexibility; you can manage yourself and work independently. We trust you are responsible about your work and look forward to contributing to NAPA success as a team member and an individual. We also provide you a wide range of employee benefits.
Working at NAPA you play a part in creating a sustainable world together with other professionals such as naval architects, shipping experts, software developers, analysts and business support specialists. We all work together to make the maritime world more effective, efficient, and environmentally friendly. Besides work, we also have fun together outside office hours through a variety of leisure activities for the employees and, at times, our families too. Our work hours are flexible so it is easy to adjust work and spare time according to everyone’s life situation.
HOW TO APPLY?
Ready to get on board and join the NAPA crew? Please send us your application, CV, and a design portfolio by the form below by 8 December 2019.
Minna Ranta answers your questions about this position by telephone (050 400 0081) on Thursday 21 November at 12.00 – 14.00 and on Thursday 28 November at 9.30 – 11.00 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.