Release of NAPA for DesignOctober 11, 2011 15:24
The newest version of the NAPA for Design is released. The release includes a number of powerful improvements and new functionality.
The highlights of the new features are:
- Revision of the Offshore Structures Stability Manager application to make the damage stability calculations more straight forward and to improve performance
- Major updates and improvements to the Powering (SH) Manager application. Calculation of the Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI), easier use of Reference Correction data and calculation of Propeller Excitation are some of the newest additions to the SH Manager
- A totally new Manager application for Seakeeping calculations has been developed. The Manager can be used to calculate motions in irregular waves, relative motions, seakeeping criteria and downtime. Both strip theory and linear diffraction methods have been implemented in the Manager
- CFD calculations are now collected into a new CFD Manager application that covers the creation of panel models and Viscous and Potential Flow CFD calculations
- Many of the Statutory Compliance functions have been further developed to support the updated regulations and the developing domain of stability calculations especially for Probabilistic Damage Stability and calculation of the SPS code
- The enhancements in NAPA Steel cover among others a more versatile Drawing Manager application for drawing generation, a Material Manager application for material and weight estimates, Modelling Managers for bulk carriers and container ships and a Rules Manager for export to LR, DNV and GL scantling evaluation software.
New functions for importing and plotting outfitting and piping details from CADMATIC® has been introduced in NAPA Steel:
- Major improvements to the Finite Element Mesh generation are introduced in order to improve the mesh quality. Information on mesh, compartments and loads can be output in format readable by the MAESTRO® global structural analysis software.
Norwegian Cruise Line has adopted a complete fleetwide solution from NAPA for Operations. The pac... Read more »
STX Finland Rauma shipyard has successfully applied NAPA for finding the optimum subdivision desi... Read more »